Comment on page
ALTR Rewards and Distribution
ALTR is the secondary token issued by the Alternity protocol. It captures the fee revenue that is generated by the system and incentivizes early adopters and Frontend Operators.
ALTR rewards will only accrue to Stability Providers — i.e. users who deposit LCNY to the Stability Pool, frontends who facilitate those deposits, and liquidity providers of the LCNY:LUSD:ETH and ALTR:ETH pools.
ALTR has a max supply of 100,000,000 tokens.
100,000,000 ALTR tokens will be minted at genesis and will be allocated as follows:
- 50,000,000 ALTR will be allocated to the ALTR rewards pool. These tokens are earned through Stability Pool deposits and will be rewarded by the protocol to frontends and Stability Providers. This distribution follows a yearly halving schedule, described by the following function:
50,000,000 * (1–0.5^year). The purpose of this issuance curve is to favorably incentivize early adopters while also maintaining incentives for the long term.
- 15,000,0000 ALTR will be allocated to LPs of the LCNY pool. These tokens are earned by staking LP tokens and will be distributed by the protocol over the course of 15 months.
- 5,000,0000 ALTR will be allocated to LPs of the ALTR pool. These tokens are earned by staking LP tokens and will be distributed by the protocol over the course of 15 months.
- 10,000,000 ALTR will be allocated in the form of a Community Reserve. These tokens will be used to fund grants, service providers, and other community-focused efforts. These tokens will be 15 months vested.
- 5,000,000 ALTR will be allocated as an airdrop for Liquity community instantly available at the launch of the protocol.
15,000,000 ALTR have been allocated to current (and future) Alternity team members and contributors. They will be 30 months vested.
No. ALTR is not a governance token, as there is no Alternity governance.
ALTR is earned in three ways:
- Depositing LCNY into the Stability Pool.
- Facilitating Stability Pool deposits through your frontend.
- Providing liquidity to the LCNY:LUSD:ETH pool.
- Providing liquidity to the ALTR:ETH pool.
Yes. 5,000,000 ALTR will be allocated as an airdrop for Liquity community instantly available at the launch of the protocol.